“…Or find myself a Rock’n’Roll band, that needs a helping hand…”
What is Ghostwriting?
A ghostwriter is a professional who is paid to write books, articles, stories, reports, or other texts that are officially credited to another person. Celebrities, executives, and political leaders often hire ghostwriters to draft or edit autobiographies, magazine articles, or other written material.
Why, on earth, would anyone want a ghostwriter?
• You may be a busy professional with technical or educational knowledge which would be very marketable in the form of a manual or instruction book. You don’t have the time to do it yourself.
• You might be an entrepreneur who wants to share your secret – for a price – with the world.
• You may have a terrific idea for a novel, screenplay or even a short story but lack the writing skills to convert it into something which will sell. This form of ghostwriting is often referred to as collaboration.
• You may have fascinating life experiences. For example, you may be a former policeman with 40 years’ service and a hatful of stories which show how policing has changed over your career. Or maybe you were a teacher, a soldier or a prostitute; in fact, anyone who has a tale to tell.
• You may have already had a go at writing your novel, memoirs or screenplay. You may even have approached an agent and been rejected but still want to get it out there — even if you have to self-publish. I can edit your work, providing anything from a light edit to a full editorial service. I will also assist with publication, either by finding you an agent who will lead you to a publisher — or I will take you through the self-publishing minefield and help to promote your finished product.
• If your first language isn’t English, I can help you to produce work that reads as if it is.
If you think you may be one of the above, or someone who simply wants a helping hand on the road to publication then get in touch.
Please email me, follow this link to the “Contact” page, and I will get back to you straightaway to discuss how I can help you
What will it cost me?
Cost is strictly related to the amount of time which I spend on your – or our – project rather than to the success of the end product. If you end up with a best seller, you will be the main beneficiary, and it will be your work, not mine, which receives the plaudits.
Why should I come to you?
• I have 20 years’ experience of writing for the press, producing features for magazine publication (mainly through the consortium Quartet Multi Media, and sports reporting.
• I have a MA in Professional Writing (distinction) and am currently working towards a PhD in Creative Writing.
• My novel Whiskey in the Jar is in the final stages of the first draft:
Comments on Whiskey in the Jar:
“I want to keep reading more such is the momentum and sense of a story really well imagined. For a first novel it demonstrates impressive discipline and control over the material.” Anne Karpf, The Guardian
“…this is a polished, fast paced thriller/comedy.” Katie B, Sunderland.
“Brilliantly funny, witty and wicked! A real page turner! A new writer to watch out for! Pauline S. (North Wales)
• I am a published author: The Last Latrine:
- Maybe you have a brilliant idea for a story but lack either the time or the confidence to develop it.
- You may just want some guidance or advice on a writing project which has lost momentum or direction.
Please get in touch – it will cost you nothing to discuss your projects, interests or aspirations!